Total Pageviews

Welcome to No Introductions

No Introductions blog page is an extension of the web page. More work will be displayed up and of course check in for our model of the week post. Check for recommended blogs to check out, new artist and up and coming designers...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Bliss



Is it just me or am I the only one seeing something a little wrong with this "holiday" that is anticipated by females around the country. You can tell already am not a fan of V-Day, reason being it makes no sense. Well it makes sense on a retail prospective, but on a personal level I don't get it. I looked at my friends and what they did Saturday, they brought this big bear, took her out to eat here, some roses here, something else here, make a card from scratch, matter fact one friend was so busy thinking bout getting the card done on time he went thru a red light almost got into an accident all because he was focusing on the results of not having his "V-day" present ready in time. It just seems like so much is done for the females on this day, bending over backwards to do certain things and the whole time some of them are sitting there like I don't care what you went thru its expected, its Valentine's day, the day you show how much you care, the one day out of the year where if you don't show your love to me the rest of the year wont matter. To me that just seems so weird and one sided, now don't get me wrong there are females that also contribute on Valentines day but that's a smaller part of the picture. Even on a retail prospective they advertise to the female gender with more sales on items for them and ad's promoting the message of don't have her mad at you on Valentines day. When I speak about why I don't do or like valentines day I get attack, females friends tell me I have too if I have a girlfriend or the girl is going to think that I am cheap or again its the one time in the year I am suppose to show I care. I don't think I have to do anything because I have a girlfriend, they knew certain things about me, and they accepted that. I would actually love for someone to break up with me for something as simple as a holiday, lets me know how serious they are about the relationship. Same thing for thinking am cheap, fine by me if that's your reason for leaving. And my favorite of all is, "its the one day in the year to show you care". Yea lets forget the other 364 days in the year where you might have had a more meaningful experience, that day doesn't count because there's only one day in the year, with no significance that has more meaning. Well with that being said hope you guys enjoyed your Valentine's Day Weekend :D.......

3 comments:

  1. Love the Valentines Day observation David. Let me know if you need any help with the show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it's a way for people, like you said, moreso women to feel important on Valentine's Day, but yeah what about the other days during the year? There's nothing wrong with celebrating it, but I guess I feel what you're saying because I never have and probably never will be that into it because I think you should show you care in other ways and consistently not just because Hallmark and the candy companies tell you too...

    But if you say anything wrong about V-Day people label you a hater or bitter but honestly I even know people in relationships who don't really care about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one friend call me cheap because I don't do V-Day.

    ReplyDelete